Technology Lawyers & IT Lawyers
“We are lawyers with a passion for Technology Law & IT Law”
Experience that counts
Established in 2000, Nicholls Legal is a law firm located in South Melbourne, Australia. Our general areas of practice include Technology, Communications, Intellectual Property, Defamation, Commercial Law and Disputes – including specific expertise as Technology Lawyers & IT Lawyers.
Typical Technology Law & IT Law matters that we have worked on include:
- Negotiating and drafting all forms of Technology & IT agreements, including business/major asset sale and acquisition, supply, distribution, agency, joint venture, telehousing, interconnect, technology development and its commercial exploitation, technology assignments and transfers, outsourcing, facilities management and confidentiality agreements.
- Providing the lead legal and regulatory advice to TransACT in relation to its formal tender for the $4.7 billion NBN.
- Acting for SmartyHost in the sale of the company to MYOB Ltd.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a telecommunications fibre-to-the-home network in Western Australia.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a Technology & IT provider in New Zealand.
- Acting for the purchaser in the acquisition of a web-based software development company in New South Wales.
- Acting for the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission in preparing model non-price terms and conditions for access to core telecommunications services.
- Providing the lead external legal and regulatory advice to the Commonwealth Department of Communications Information Technology and the Arts in relation to its review of telecommunications regulation in Australia, having regard to next generation networks.
- Advising a major telecommunications equipment supplier in relation to emerging regulation of Voice over IP-capable devices.
- Advising a State water authority on contract provisions for a telecommunications and technology tender.
- Acting for an educational institution in relation to establishing a technology joint venture.
- Acting for a Technology & IT supplier in relation to a shareholders’ dispute.
- Advising a client in relation to commercial exploitation of a software application that predicts people’s language and ethnicity based on their name.
- Advising a client in relation to commercial exploitation of a software application that determines key influencers amongst members of a social network.
We have successfully represented parties in litigation at all Australian Superior Court levels, including the Victorian Supreme Court, the Victorian Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
In addition to our expertise as Technology Lawyers & IT Lawyers, we also specialize in Cloud Law, Commercial Law & Business Law, Communications Law, Competition & Consumer Law, Defamation & Media Law, Information Security Law & Privacy Law, Intellectual Property Law and Internet Law.
See our publications on Technology Law & IT Law here.