4 May 2012: The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has released the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) Review report.
The report provides several recommendations that reflect the role the TIO performs and the expected standards of its operation. The report’s recommendations include:
- new incentives to encourage participants in the telecommunications industry to comply with the TIO scheme
- an improved governance structure to strike a better balance between consumer and industry interests
- improvements to assist the TIO to quickly identify and respond to problems affecting groups of consumers
- improved reporting requirements to more clearly demonstrate the TIO’s performance in resolving complaints
- improvements to the TIO’s policy for escalating complaints to help ensure complaints are resolved faster
Full story here.