8 August 2012: The Government and NBN Co have released NBN Co’s Corporate Plan 2012-15.
The Corporate Plan 2012-15 findings include that:
- The NBN will pay its own way and generate a 7% return for the taxpayer
- The target of having work for 758,000 fibre premises commenced or completed by the end of 2012 is likely to be met
- Wholesale broadband prices are projected to fall over time in both real and nominal terms
- The capital cost of the NBN build has increased by 3.9%, but remains significantly less than the $43 billion originally announced
- The construction time for the NBN has been extended by six months due partly to the nine month delay in the completion of the Telstra deal.
Read more about the Corporate Plan at http://www.minister.dbcde.gov.au/media/media_releases/2012/125