John McMullan – Property & Construction Law Consultant
Lead construction lawyer for proprietor on following major property projects:
- Victoria Point, Melbourne Docklands ($200m)
- Southgate Project, Melbourne ($650m)
- Altona, Victoria – Car Manufacturing Facility ($420m)
- Westgate Park, Melbourne – Newsprint Facility ($250m)
- Collie Power Project, WA ($2 billion) – (did not proceed)
- Darling Harbour Park Stage 1, Sydney ($450m)
- Chullora, NSW – Newsprint Facility ($130m)
- Citadel Towers, Chatswood – ($100m)
Lead lawyer to developers/bidders on Melbourne Docklands projects:
- lead construction lawyer to developer on Victoria Point project
- presently advising on new major project in Docklands development
- advised original shortlisted bidder on 4 of 5 development precincts
- advised 1 of last 2 shortlisted bidders on trunk infrastructure project
Legal adviser on construction contract issues, with other lawyers, to Design and Construct Contractor on major PPP freeway project in Victoria.
Lead legal adviser to water authority on Design Build Operate Class A recycled water treatment project.
Lead construction contract adviser to principal on major new car engine facility in Victoria.
Lead construction contract adviser to principal on major new car equipment contracts in South Australia.
Legal adviser to several Victorian non-metropolitan water authorities on construction project documentation and disputes.
Provided construction contract advice to proprietor on following major projects:
- Sydney Water Board, Treatment Plants – NSW ($1 billion)
- Picadilly Plaza, Sydney ($250m)
- Lilyvale Hotel, Sydney ($120m)
- Yan Yean Water Treatment Plant – Victoria ($27m)
Acted in major construction disputes, in litigation and arbitration, in Australia and in Hong Kong.
Lecturer/Academic Associate to University of Melbourne Engineering Faculty on engineering law.
Regular speaker on topics related to construction law, planning and environmental law around Australia.
Appointed as Special Referee in Supreme Court of Victoria Building Cases List.
Engaged as Expert in a number of expert determinations in Victoria and Tasmania.
IAMA Accredited Adjudicator for purpose of Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act (Vic) 2002.
Appointed as adjudicator under Building and Construction Industry Security of Payments Act (Vic) 2002 in a number of adjudications.
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil): University of Melbourne 1976
Bachelor of Laws: Monash University 1982
Post-graduate Diploma of Legal Studies: Monash University 1987
Master of Laws: University of Melbourne 1997
Fellow – Institution of Engineers Australia
Fellow – Institute of Arbitrators Australia
1996 IEAust Chairman’s Award