“We are lawyers with a passion for Internet Law”
Experience that counts
Established in 2000, Nicholls Legal is a law firm located in South Melbourne, Australia. Our general areas of practice include Technology, Communications, Intellectual Property, Defamation, Commercial Law and Disputes – and we have specific expertise as Internet Lawyers.
Typical Internet Law matters that we have worked on include:
- Negotiating and drafting all forms of Internet/ISP agreements, including business/major asset sale and acquisition, supply, distribution, agency, joint venture, telehousing, interconnect, technology development and exploitation, technology assignments and transfers, outsourcing, facilities management and confidentiality agreements.
- Sale and purchase of domain names.
- Advising in relation to auDA domain name policies.
- Providing the lead legal and regulatory advice to TransACT in relation to its formal tender for the $4.7 billion NBN.
- Acting for SmartyHost in the sale of the company to MYOB Ltd.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a mid-sized Internet provider in New South Wales.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a telecommunications fibre-to-the-home network in Western Australia.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a Internet provider in New Zealand.
- Acting for the purchaser in the acquisition of a web-based software development company in New South Wales.
- Acting for numerous Internet providers in negotiating telecommunications access and interconnection agreements.
- Advising in relation to preparing and maintaining standard forms of agreement for Internet providers pursuant to Part 23 of the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth).
- Acting for the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission in preparing model non-price terms and conditions for access to core telecommunications and internet services.
- Providing the lead external legal and regulatory advice to the Commonwealth Department of Communications Information Technology and the Arts in relation to its review of telecommunications regulation in Australia, having regard to next generation networks.
- Advising a major telecommunications equipment supplier in relation to emerging regulation of Voice over IP-capable devices.
We have successfully represented parties in litigation at all Australian Superior Court levels, including the Victorian Supreme Court, the Victorian Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
In addition to our expertise as Internet Lawyers, we also specialize in Cloud Law, Commercial Law & Business Law, Communications Law, Competition & Consumer Law, Defamation & Media Law, Information Security Law & Privacy Law, Intellectual Property Law and Technology & IT Law.
See our publications on Internet Law here.