Intellectual Property Lawyers
“We are lawyers with a passion for Intellectual Property Law”
Experience that counts
Established in 2000, Nicholls Legal is a law firm located in South Melbourne, Australia. Our general areas of practice include Technology, Communications, Intellectual Property, Defamation, Commercial Law and Disputes – including specific expertise as Intellectual Property Lawyers.
Typical Intellectual Property Law matters that we have worked on include:
- Advice on all aspects of copyright, circuit layouts, plant breeders’ rights, trade marks, confidentiality and trade secrets.
- Trade mark registrations and protection.
- Advice in relation to passing-off and misleading/deceptive conduct.
- Acting for the purchaser in the acquisition of a software development company in New South Wales.
- Acting for numerous clients in relation to intellectual property and technology development and exploitation: sale/assignment, joint venture, licence, maintenance, supply and distribution, equipment rental and confidentiality agreements.
- Defending a trade mark user against allegations of trade mark infringement from the owner of a well known Australian trade mark.
- Defending a claim of trade mark infringement in relation to “compatible” printer cartridge toners.
- Acting for a firm of architects in relation to a copyright dispute concerning a property development for over 200 villas.
- Advising a firm of architects in relation to copyright issues.
- Advising in relation to a copyright dispute between co-authors.
- Advising in relation to intellectual property created during and post-employment.
- Advising numerous clients in relation to protection of ideas and new products.
We have successfully represented parties in litigation at all Australian Superior Court levels, including the Victorian Supreme Court, the Victorian Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
In addition to our expertise as Intellectual Property Lawyers, we also specialize in Cloud Law, Commercial Law & Business Law, Communications Law, Competition & Consumer Law, Defamation & Media Law, Information Security & Privacy Law, Internet Law and Technology & IT Law.
See our publications on Intellectual Property Law here.
For trade mark registrations, we are ultra cost-competitive, with low-rate searching and a flat rate registration option – coupled with our extensive experience in trade marks advice and registrations. See our Trade Marks Fee Schedule.