Information Security Lawyers & Privacy Lawyers
“We are lawyers with a passion for
Information Security Law & Privacy Law”
Experience that counts
Established in 2000, Nicholls Legal is a law firm located in South Melbourne, Australia. Our general areas of practice include Technology, Communications, Intellectual Property, Defamation, Commercial Law and Disputes – and we have specific expertise as Information Security Lawyers & Privacy Lawyers.
Typical Information Security Law & Privacy Law matters that we have worked on include:
- Advising a client as to the privacy implications of a software application that predicts people’s language and ethnicity based on their name.
- Advising a technology provider to a major Bank in relation to breaches of its information systems.
- Advising a major Australian media and marketing company in relation to using personal information obtained from the electoral roll and the application of the Commonwealth Electoral Act.
- Advising a client as to the privacy implications of a software application that determines key influencers amongst members of a social network and preparing submissions to the Australian Privacy Commission in relation thereto.
- Advising an international client as to Australian privacy obligations and preparing submissions to the UK Information Commissioner in relation to internet video monitoring via CCTV.
- Advising clients in relation to their rights and obligations under Privacy Legislation.
- Advising a major telecommunications equipment supplier in relation to emerging regulation of Voice over IP-capable devices.
- Providing advice in relation to securing access to the Integrated Public Number Database, with specific focus on the privacy implications thereof.
We have successfully represented parties in litigation at all Australian Superior Court levels, including the Victorian Supreme Court, the Victorian Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
In addition to our expertise as Information Security Lawyers & Privacy Lawyers, we also specialize in Cloud Law, Commercial Law & Business Law, Communications Law, Competition & Consumer Law, Defamation & Media Law, Intellectual Property Law, Internet Law and Technology & IT Law.
See our publications on Information Security Law & Privacy Law here.