Defamation Lawyers & Media Lawyers
“We are lawyers with a passion for Defamation Law & Media Law”
Experience that counts
Established in 2000, Nicholls Legal is a law firm located in South Melbourne, Australia. Our general areas of practice include Technology, Communications, Intellectual Property, Defamation, Commercial Law and Disputes – including specific expertise as Defamation Lawyers & Media Lawyers.
Typical Defamation Law & Media Law matters that we have worked on include:
- Advising an international personality in relation to defamation over the internet.
- Acting for a media and promotions company in relation to defamation issues.
- Acting for a manufacturer in relation to defamatory and misleading/deceptive material posted on an internet forum.
- Advising an industry group in relation to defamation (and related) risk minimization.
- Preparing a substantive submission on behalf of TransACT in relation to the ACCC’s merger enquiry into Telstra’s proposed acquisition of Austar.
We have successfully represented parties in litigation at all Australian Superior Court levels, including the Victorian Supreme Court, the Victorian Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
In addition to our expertise as Defamation Lawyers & Media Lawyers, we also specialize in Cloud Law, Commercial Law & Business Law, Communications Law, Competition & Consumer Law, Information Security & Privacy Law, Intellectual Property Law, Internet Law and Technology & IT Law.