Competition Lawyers & Consumer Lawyers
“We are lawyers with a passion
for Competition Law & Consumer Law”
Experience that counts
Established in 2000, Nicholls Legal is a law firm located in South Melbourne, Australia. Our general areas of practice include Technology, Communications, Intellectual Property, Defamation, Commercial Law and Disputes – and we have specific expertise as Competition Lawyers & Consumer Lawyers.
Typical Competition Law & Consumer Law matters that we have worked on include:
- Advising on misleading or deceptive conduct, advertising, consumer protection, anti-competitive conduct and compliance programmes.
- Acting for the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission in preparing model non-price terms and conditions for access to core telecommunications services.
- Acting for four defendants in Telstra’s High Court challenge to the constitutional validity of telecommunications-specific provisions of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth).
- Representing multiple defendants in the Federal Court of Australia in relation to two administrative law challenges brought by Telstra.
- Acting for numerous parties in the Australian Competition Tribunal (Federal Court jurisdiction) review of ACCC access decisions relating to PSTN, Unconditioned Local Loop Services, Line Sharing Services and Mobile Terminating Access Services.
- Acting for numerous parties in various ACCC access arbitrations, including in relation to PSTN, PSTN termination, GSM, LCS, LSS, ULLS and MTAS.
- Advising and obtaining advice from senior counsel in relation to claims of anti-competitive conduct pursuant to Part XIB of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth).
- Preparing a substantive submission on behalf of TransACT in relation to the ACCC’s merger enquiry into Telstra’s proposed acquisition of Austar.
- Providing the lead legal and regulatory advice to TransACT in relation to its submission to the Government in relation to regulatory issues regarding the NBN.
- Preparing the regulatory submissions in relation to the NBN on behalf of Acacia Australia and TransACT (two of the tenderers for the Government’s NBN tender).
- Incorporating and providing Competition Law advice to the Competitive Carriers’ Coalition, Inc.
- Assisting in the preparation of a submission to the ACCC in relation to Telstra’s pay TV third line forcing notifications.
- Assisting in the preparation of a submission to the ACCC in relation the ACCC’s Dispute Resolution Guidelines.
We have successfully represented parties in litigation at all Australian Superior Court levels, including the Victorian Supreme Court, the Victorian Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
In addition to our expertise as Competition Lawyers & Consumer Lawyers, we also specialize in Cloud Law, Commercial & Business Law, Communications Law, Defamation & Media Law, Information Security & Privacy Law, Intellectual Property Law, Internet Law and Technology & IT Law.
We offer very competitive fees including a free initial consultation. Please contact Matthew Nicholls (ph: +61 3 8376 7131) to discuss your Competition Law & Consumer Law requirements.