12 March 2012: Communications Alliance has established a Satellite Services Working Group to advance the interests of the growing satellite-based network and facilities services sector in Australia. The foundation members of the group include many of Australia’s leading satellite services players, including Optus Satellite, NBN Co, Telstra, Newsat, Intelsat, Thales, APN, Indigo Telecom, SES New Skies and Coutts Communications.
The Working Group will focus on a range of activities, including:
- policy development and advocacy on behalf of the satellite sector at the wholesale and retail layers, including via input to State and Federal Government policy fora and Inquiries;
- promotion of the role and importance of satellite services;
- liaison with NBN Co on operational issues relating to the satellite-based components of the National Broadband Network;
- expert input into the creation or revision of Communications Alliance Codes, Guidelines and Standards that have implications for satellite-based services;
- collaborative activities to foster the development and growth of the satellite sector in Australia and to resolve technical or commercial issues of common interest; and
- monitoring of international standards work relevant to the Australian satellite sector.
Full story here.