Commercial Lawyers & Business Lawyers
“We are lawyers with a passion for
Commercial Law & Business Law”
Experience that counts
Established in 2000, Nicholls Legal is a law firm located in South Melbourne, Australia. Our general areas of practice include Technology, Communications, Intellectual Property, Defamation, Commercial Law and Disputes – including specific expertise as Commercial Lawyers & Business Lawyers.
Typical Commercial Law & Business Law matters that we have worked on include:
- Negotiating and drafting all forms of Commercial & Business agreements, including business/major asset sale and acquisition, supply, distribution, agency, joint venture, telehousing, interconnect, technology development and exploitation, technology assignments and transfers, outsourcing, facilities management and confidentiality agreements.
- Negotiating and drafting employment agreements, key person/management agreements and share incentive schemes.
- Contract disputes and litigation.
- Acting for SmartyHost in the sale of the company to MYOB Ltd.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a mid-sized telecommunications provider in New South Wales.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a telecommunications fibre-to-the-home network in Western Australia.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a telecommunications company in New Zealand.
- Acting for the purchaser in the acquisition of a software development company in New South Wales.
- Advising a State water authority on contract provisions for a telecommunications tender.
- Acting for an educational institution in relation to establishing a technology joint venture.
- Acting for various building owners in relation to site access agreements for communications facility installation.
- Acting for the Victorian State Emergency Service in relation to the Royal Commission into the 2009 Black Saturday Bushfires.
- Successfully representing a company in receivership in the Supreme Court of Victoria in relation to wrongful conduct by the receivers and managers.
- Acting for an importation and distribution company in a substantial leasing and commercial dispute in the Supreme Court of Victoria and then on appeal to the Court of Appeal.
- Representing multiple defendants in the Federal Court of Australia in relation to two administrative law challenges brought by Telstra.
- Acting for a technology supplier in relation to a shareholders’ dispute.
We have successfully represented parties in litigation at all Australian Superior Court levels, including the Victorian Supreme Court, the Victorian Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
In addition to our expertise as Commercial Lawyers & Business Lawyers, we also specialize in Cloud Law, Communications Law, Competition & Consumer Law, Defamation & Media Law, Information Security & Privacy Law, Intellectual Property Law, Internet Law and Technology & IT Law.
We offer very competitive fees including a free initial consultation. Please contact Matthew Nicholls (ph: +61 3 8376 7131) to discuss your Commercial Law & Business Law requirements.