“We are lawyers with a passion for Cloud Law”
Experience that counts
Established in 2000, Nicholls Legal is a law firm located in South Melbourne, Australia. Our general areas of practice include Technology, Communications, Intellectual Property, Defamation, Commercial Law and Disputes – and we have specific expertise as Cloud Lawyers.
Typical Cloud Law matters that we have worked on include:
- Negotiating and drafting all forms of Cloud agreements, including business/major asset sale and acquisition, supply, distribution, agency, joint venture, telehousing, interconnect, technology development and exploitation, technology assignments and transfers, outsourcing, facilities management and confidentiality agreements.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a telecommunications fibre-to-the-home network in Western Australia.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a Cloud provider in New Zealand.
- Acting for numerous Cloud providers in negotiating telecommunications access and interconnection agreements.
- Advising in relation to preparing and maintaining standard forms of agreement pursuant to Part 23 of the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth).
- Acting for the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission in preparing model non-price terms and conditions for access to core telecommunications services.
- Providing the lead external legal and regulatory advice to the Commonwealth Department of Communications Information Technology and the Arts in relation to its review of telecommunications regulation in Australia, having regard to next generation networks.
We have successfully represented parties in litigation at all Australian Superior Court levels, including the Victorian Supreme Court, the Victorian Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
In addition to our expertise as Cloud Lawyers, we also specialize in Commercial & Business Law, Communications Law, Competition & Consumer Law, Defamation & Media Law, Information Security & Privacy Law, Intellectual Property Law, Internet Law and Technology & IT Law.
See our publications on Cloud Law here.
We offer very competitive fees including a free initial consultation. Please contact Matthew Nicholls (ph: +61 3 8376 7131) to discuss your Cloud Law requirements.